This test contains 19 multiple-choice problems, 6 short answer questions and 2 essay questions. Its covers the following objectives:
1. Explain how stress in the crust changes Earth’s surface.
2. Describe where faults are usually found and why they form.
3. Describe how the energy of an earthquake travels through Earth.
4. Explain how seismographs work.
5. Identify the kinds of damage an earthquake can cause.
6. Provide suggestions to increase earthquake safety and reduce earthquake damage.
7. Describe how geologists monitor faults.
8. Explain how geologists determine earthquake risk.
9. Identify the scales used to measure the strength of an earthquake.
10. Explain how seismographic data are used.
The test includes an answer key with Bloom's taxonomy. Enjoy a ready made test for your plate tectonics unit.