This is a 6 page study guide to be used when teaching a unit on the phyla Platyhelminthes and Nematoda. I actually use this as a homework assignment by assigning a few questions each night as I teach through the unit. Eventually all of the questions have been assigned and the students have a great completed study guide for the test.
There are 60 questions of varying difficulty levels. This product is accompanied by a 6 page teacher answer guide. You will receive both an editable Word document as well as a pdf form of the study guide.
The following topics are covered:
1) Characteristics of the Phylum Platyhelminthes
2) Structures of flatworms
3) Degeneration and missing body systems
5) The Planaria: external and internal structures
6) Systems of the Planaria: Digestive, excretory, nervous, reproductive.
7) Characteristics of parasitic flatworms
10) Characteristics of the Phylum Nematoda
15) Methods of Controlling parasitic worms
16) Follow up and review questions
This homework/study guide document is included in a bundled product called Flatworms and Roundworms: A complete Unit Plan
Other products related to this topic:
PowerPoint on Platyhelminthes and Nematoda
Quiz: Flatworms and Roundworms
Flatworm and Roundworm Notes
Test: Flatworms and Roundworms
Lab: Flatworms and Roundworms
Platyhelminthes and Nematoda Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Lab: Observing Live Planaria
Flatworm and Roundworm Jeopardy Review Game
Phylum Annelida (Earthworm) Powerpoint Presentation
Amy Brown - Science Stuff