Play-based learning activities are engaging, meaningful, and fun! Students are actively involved in their learning with these 10 play-based phonics activities.
Included are detailed instructions, materials lists, and set up procedures for some of the most popular play-based activities I've shared on Instagram during this unique school year as well as some new activities.
Here are the activities and the content areas they address:
- Invisible Letters (Letter ID)
- The Never-Ending Rhyme (Rhyming recognition)
- Syllable Hopscotch (Syllable ID)
- Hide and Seek Word Parts (Onset and rime)
- Pushing Sounds (Segmenting and blending)
- Presto Change-o Words (Substituting sounds)
- Sound Scavenger Hunt (Letter sound ID)
- Vowel in a Cup (Vowel sound ID)
- Charades (Sight word recognition)
- Password (Sight word recognition)
You can follow the directions as written or have fun ad-libbing with your students. Some of these activities are perfect during initial instruction or as a review activity. You can also use them for formative or summative assessments with the open-ended checklist (included).
Don't forget to leave feedback so that you can earn credits for future purchases! Please let me know if you have any questions. You can leave them in the Q&A or email me at email@example.com