Play dough alphabet mats are a fun way for students practice letter identification, letter formation, letter sounds, and builds fine motor strength at the same time! Our class mascot is the super star and I use these letter mats in my art center at the beginning of the year. You could also put them in a literacy center, Daily 5 word work center, playdoh center, or use for small group. My students LOVE making play dough letters. This playdoh activity is designed for a preschool classroom or kindergarten classroom. Just print, laminate (or put in a page protector), and you are done!
Bundle and Save! Get this product along with ALL of my other play dough mats (alphabet, shapes, & numbers/counting) Play Dough Mats Bundle
• Covers (if you want to make a book)
• How to use in your Classroom
• Play Dough Letter Mats with kids
• Play Dough Letter Mats with matching letter sound objects (each letter has an object with it that begins with that letter)
• For Set 1, students roll the playdoh into snakes to form the letters or trace with a dry erase marker.
• For Set 2: students roll the playdoh into snakes to form the letters or trace with a dry erase marker. Students can say the letter sound and brainstorm other words that begin with that sound.
Ways to Use in the Classroom:
• Keep the pages whole and students can work on uppercase & lowercase at the same time.
• Cut the pages in half vertically so the uppercase and lowercase letters are separate. Students can work on just uppercase or just lowercase.
• Bind the pages together with book rings to create a book either with the full page or half page
Check out more literacy fun
Pets: Math and Literacy Centers for Preschool, Pre-K, and KindergartenBirthday: Literacy and Math CentersRainbow Letters
Click the green star to follow me to receive 50% off all new products for the first 24 hours a new product is posted!
Visit my store Pocket of Preschool
alphabet preschool | alphabet pre-k | alphabet kindergarten | play dough preschool | play dough pre-k | play dough kindergarten | playdoh | play dough center