Christmas tree - Counting Math Mats (1-10): Can you put ornaments in the Christmas tree?
+ 4 additional activities: self-correcting clip cards (1-20) & coloring cards.
Kids love to play with play dough (play doh) and tangrams puzzles. So why not combine the two and make math mats that can be used for more than just one type of activity.
(click here to visit my blog)
This set contains play dough mats, tangram mats, ten frame task cards and tally marks task cards in color and black and white. Also included are two extra play dough task cards to encourage students to add more details to the math mats. With this set students can practice counting, fine motor skills and creativity.
Originally these math mats where designed to use with play dough or tangram pieces, but they can be used for many other fun and creative activities, such as:
• Trace and color numbers, dots, words and tally marks on the laminated task cards with a whiteboard marker instead of using play dough.
• Make ‘numbers snakes’ with the cards on the worksheets.
• Play matching games like memory with the task cards.
• Use manipulatives like buttons or matchsticks instead of play dough.
• Print the black and white math mats on white paper and draw objects, plants, people and/or animals on the background.
• Print the black and white math mats on white paper and give the Christmas tree ´strange´ decoration like butterfly ornaments or candy garlands.
As an additional activity, two sets of self-correcting clip cards are added: ten frames & tally marks / 1-20. Clip a clothespin on the card, and then turn it over. The tree on the back of the card shows the correct answer. Also added are two sets of coloring cards. Use whiteboard markers to color in the correct number of dots or stripes.
Please feel free to download my preview to see what’s included.