Thank you to all of those who have downloaded this product!
IF YOU DOWNLOAD, PLEASE RATE MY PRODUCT. Rating is very important!
This is a FUN extension activity for students to demonstrate their understanding of topographic maps.
Students work in pairs (or individually) to build an island based on basic outlined requirements. Then, students draw a topographic map of their island.
A simple and a more complex activity are included so that students have a choice.
Three examples of islands and their corresponding topographic maps are included.
Materials Needed: Play Dough for each team, and toothpicks for "drawing" contour lines.
- Reading and Interpreting Topographic Maps: Hornet Creek
- Reading and Interpreting Topographic Maps: Holy Moly Map
- Reading and Interpreting Topographic Maps: Glass Lake
- Reading and Interpreting Topographic Maps BUNDLE
- and many more.....
- The Ultimate Earth Science Bucket List
- The Ultimate Geology Bucket List
- The Earth Science Bucket List: Junior Level
- The Colorado Geology Bucket List