Play Dough and "How-To" Writing
Use this best ever playdough recipe (the favorite for over 30 years) to give K-1 students a "How-To" Book Writing experience!
- Make the playdough in small groups
- Talk about the sequential procedures (first, next...)
- Model "How-to" bookmaking
- Invite the children to become authors!
Printables and detailed lessons included.
Bonus: This recipe is fully illustrated as a beginning reader so all young chefs can read their recipe!
Idea: Send the recipe home for additional hands-on cooking experience.
Playdough recipe and "How-To" writing lesson is taken from
- All the tools you need for K-1 writing workshop and authentic writing across the curriculum! Writing lessons, vivid examples, exemplars, and printables by Nellie Edge.
- A comprehensive, full-year collection: 227 pages of proven resources to grow proficient K-1 writers!
- This treasure chest of writing supports includes many student samples and lessons for Narrative, Opinion, and Information Writing. The samples reflect Best Practice research for English language learners and diverse student populations.
Note: If you have already purchased our , this resource is included.
"This bundle gave my kinders the scaffolding and confidence to truly become writers! The ideas are simple yet profound: This product should be required in every kinder classroom." -Melissa R
What's in this authentic Kindergarten Writing Bundle? (over 700 pages)
- K-1 News Stories
- Kindergarten Writing Workshop and Writing Across the Curriculum
- How to Draw Animals and Make Books
- We Love Lists!
- Write-a Message Kit
- Student-Led Conferences and K-1 Writing Assessment
- Publish Children’s Books and Celebrate Young Authors
Click HERE to follow our store and to be notified of new Nellie Edge Kindergarten (PreK-1) products. All new items are listed at 50% off for the first 48 hours after posting!
Follow Nellie Edge Weekly Kindergarten blogs: for joyful teaching and learning
See resources used in real kindergarten classrooms on my website, NellieEdge.com
Thank you for visiting my TpT Store!
SMILES for joyful teaching and learning,