Target shapes, colors, numbers, size, vocabulary, associations, categories, grammar, wh-questions, and basic concepts with this all-in-one, hands-on, language unit for little ones!
This product targets 16 different skills including:
* Page 4 (Colors and Shapes): Print one page for each student in a group. Read each direction to practice colors and shapes.
* Pages 5-7 (Colors): Print, laminate, and cut out these crayon color cards. They can be used as standard flashcards or students can find them in a sensory bin of some sort. Beans, cut up straws, rice, and Easter grass all work great!
* Pages 8-13 (Colorful Crayon Box Book): Print one book for each student in a group. Cut the book pages apart on the dotted lines. Staple the pages together after stacking the pages in numerical order. Students can read through the book with an adult’s help and color the crayons to match the sentence on each page.
* Pages 14-22 (Size: Big, Medium, and Small): Print one sheet for each student in a group. Read the sentences on each page to practice size.
* Pages 23-34 (Vocabulary): Print and laminate desired smash mats. There are 4 smash mats in each set. Roll 10 balls of play-doh. Students can either name each item and then smash a play-doh ball on the item or they can smash a play-doh ball on the item when it is said by an adult.
* Pages 35-39 (Numbers and Regular Plural Nouns): Print, laminate, and cut out each item card with the number boxes attached. Use the prompt, “How many _____ do you see?”, to target numbers. Use the prompt, “What do you see?”, to target regular plural nouns. Students can clip a clothespin on the number of items they see.
* Pages 40-43 (Go-Togethers/Associations): Print one sheet for each student in a group. Students can cut out the pictures on the bottom of the page. Then, they can add the cut out items to the correct items on the computer screens. Students can also explain how the items go together.
* Pages 44-51 (Categories): Print and laminate the hula hoop sheets as well as the item cards. Leave the hula hoop sheets “as is”. Cut apart the item cards. Students can sort the items into the correct hula hoop categories.
* Pages 52-69 (Grammar – Present Progressive Verbs, Third Person Singular Verbs, Future Tense Verbs, Past Tense Verbs, Subjective Pronouns, Possessive Pronouns): Print desired sheets. Create sentences according to the directions on each page. Then, dot each action with a bingo dauber or color each action.
* Pages 70-79 (WH-Questions – Who, What, Where, When, Why): Print one sheet for each student in a group. A few items are missing from the backpack. Answer the questions in each box to put the items in the backpack. Then, color each box and/or item once you have answered the question.
* Pages 80-81 (Basic Concepts): Print one sheet for each student in a group. Read each sentence to practice understanding concepts.