PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Target shapes, colors, numbers, size, vocabulary, associations, categories, grammar, wh-questions, and basic concepts with this all-in-one, hands-on, language unit for little ones!
This all-in-one, hands-on, language unit targets 16 different skills PERFECT for little ones!
* Page 4 (Colors and Shapes): Print one page for each student in a group. Read each direction to practice colors and shapes.
* Pages 5-7 (Colors): Print, laminate, and cut out the tree color cards. They can be used as standard flashcards or students can find them in a sensory bin of some sort. Beans, cut up straws, rice, and Easter grass all work great!
* Pages 8-13 (Colorful Trees Book): Print one book for each student in a group. Cut the book pages apart on the dotted lines. Staple the pages together after stacking the pages in numerical order. Students can read through the book with an adult’s help and color the trees to match the sentence on each page.
* Pages 14-22 (Size: Big, Medium, and Small): Print one sheet for each student in a group. Read the sentences on each page to practice size.
* Pages 23-30 (Vocabulary): Print and laminate desired smash mats. There are 4 smash mats in each set. Roll 10 balls of play-doh. Students can either name each item and then smash a play-doh ball on the item or they can smash a play-doh ball on the item when it is said by an adult.
* Pages 31-35 (Numbers and Regular Plural Nouns): Print, laminate, and cut out each item card with the number boxes attached. Use the prompt, “How many _____ do you see?”, to target numbers. Use the prompt, “What do you see?”, to target regular plural nouns. Students can clip a clothespin on the number of items they see.
* Pages 36-39 (Go-Togethers/Associations): Print one sheet for each student in a group. Students can cut out the pictures on the bottom of the page. Then, they can add the cut out items to the correct items on the presents. Students can also explain how the items go together.
* Pages 40-47 (Categories): Print and laminate the present categories as well as the item cards. Leave the presents “as is”. Cut apart the item cards. Students can sort the items into the correct categories.
* Pages 48-65 (Grammar – Present Progressive Verbs, Third Person Singular Verbs, Future Tense Verbs, Past Tense Verbs, Subjective Pronouns, Possessive Pronouns): Print desired sheets. Create sentences according to the directions on each page. Then, dot each gingerbread man and action with a bingo dauber or color each gingerbread man and action.
* Pages 66-75 (WH-Questions – Who, What, Where, When, Why): Print one sheet for each student in a group. The tree needs to be decorated! Answer the questions in each box to decorate the tree. Then, color each box and/or item once you have answered the question.
* Pages 76-77 (Basic Concepts): Print one sheet for each student in a group. Read each sentence to practice understanding concepts.