This product contains a worksheet/planning sheet that will help you review measurement abbreviations and equivalents before implementing a measurement lab with a mystery product (playdough). Students should have some prior knowledge of measurement abbreviations, equivalents, tools, and techniques before completing this activity.
1) Review the tools and techniques needed to measure different amounts of liquid and try ingredients.
2) Review the abbreviations commonly used in cooking recipes.
3) Review the equivalents and their role in efficient kitchen work.
4) Plan a lab, delegating responsibilities equally to their group mates.
5) Complete a measuring lab, demonstrating the knowledge from the steps above.
6) End up with playdough to take, if they've measured correctly!
1) Worksheet in Word
2) Worksheet in PDF (for formatting concerns)
3) Key for Worksheet