Child with autism and developmental delays respond extremely well to social stories. Teaching children rules and expectations through social stories is highly effective and is done so in a positive manner.
Included in this packet is everything you or a paraprofessional need to teach and practice the rules of playing a game. You could do a whole unit or just a review with the materials included!
I will be giving my paraprofessional's that I work with these in a pack, explain it and then follow up with them throughout the week to see how it is going!
Included in this set you will receive:
1. Lesson plan- with ideas for different lessons as well as suggestions on what to do if certain things happen
2. Large 8.5X11 piece of paper Social Story- great to read to a whole classroom of kids or use with students who have any form of visual problems
3. Small social story (half sheet of paper) in color
4. Interactive social story
6. Black and white social story (kids can color and take home with the parent note)
7. Note to parents
8. List of games for early elementary students
9. List of games for upper elementary students
I have other social skill sets that are a great addition to any classroom. Check them!
Sharing Social Skills Set
Cafeteria Social Story
Hallway Social Story