This pack contains everything you need to implement a choice menu successfully in your classroom, whether it's the first or the millionth time. Based on Bloom's Taxonomy, it will challenge your students and allow them to choose how they show their learning in a way that enhances not just keeps them busy.
*****Please download the preview for a birds-eye view of all the documents included in this pack.*****
In this Plot Elements Choice Menu Pack you will receive:
1 description of Common Core Standards covered
1 description of how to implement in the classroom (including a picture of products made previously in my classroom)
2 Choice Menu pages (2nd page is the rubric/checklist for 1st page)
- 9 product choices including:
- Certificate of Story Completion (relating to conflict/resolution)
- Diary Entries (character traits)
- Movie-in-a-Box (changes in setting)
- Setting Map (also uses sequencing)
- Free Choice
- Write your own short play or reader's theatre (using all plot elements)
- Prezi presentation (using all plot elements)
- Sandwich Board (conflict/resolution and main events)
- Broadcast/Interview (how character responds to conflict)
- Aligned rubric that gives descriptions for each product
1 Student Contract
- Allows students to record which choices/products they will be working on
- Students (and teacher) signs in order to show responsibility for work done or not done
2 pages of Scoring Sheets
- Students self-evaluate according to how many elements they completed using the rubric
- Students also have room to explain why they scored themselves the way they did
- Teachers are able to the same on the other half of the page
6 pages of Entrance and Exit Tickets
- 2 formats of each
- One can be copied 2-sided
- Allow for assessment before and after unit and/or choice menu completion
- Can be used with any story or short passage of teacher's choice
RL.4.2, RL.5.2, RL.5.3, RL.6.2, RL.6.3, RL.7.3
* Please download the preview to take a look at a couple of the pages that are part of this unit.
* Please feel comfortable asking questions before purchasing.
Most importantly, enjoy! Your students are sure to feel invested in their learning with this differentiated pack.
Copyright© 2013 Carrie Garrison
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Additional licenses may be purchased.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
*See end page for fonts, clip art, frames, and paper credit.*