11 graphic organizers focusing on Plot, Summary Writing, and Story Writing:
- Scaffolds cognitively demanding activities
- Models academic vocabulary
- Improves reading comprehension and writing skills
- Increases exam scores
- Accelerates English language learning
Graphically Organized: Plot graphic organizers focus on the elements of the plot. They may be used and adapted for writing assignments, class readings, independent readings, and literary circles. Your students will be able to identify the elements of a plot and ultimately create their own stories.
This unit includes 11 organizers including charts, webs, and writing frames. It also includes key academic vocabulary and ideas for enrichment and acceleration.
1. Picture Walk - Identify visuals in a book.
2. Story Web - Describe the parts of a story.
3. Story Board - Identify and visualize events and settings.
4. Story Map - Organize the information of a story.
5. Story Map Summary - Complete a story summary.
6. Story Summary: Personal Letter - Write a letter about a story to a friend.
7. Plot Map -Organize the events of a story.
8. Plot Summary - Complete a summary of the events.
9. Plot Summary: Business Letter - Write a formal letter about a story.
10. My Story Map - Write and organize ideas for a story
11. Story Outline - Organize a story before writing it
This unit is also available in .pdf format.
literature, short stories, literary analysis,ESL, ELD, ELL, SDAIE, independent reading, literary circles, worksheets, genre, Scott Forrest