Plot Structure And Story Events Reading Resource Bundle
4th - 5th
What educators are saying
What a well organized and thoughtful resource. I love using this after teaching whole group in my guided reading groups.
Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
There are a lot of different reading strategies you can teach your students to help them understand plot and story events. This reading bundle includes six reading resources that will help your students learn how understand plot structure and story events in fictional stories.
*Click on each resource to preview what's included.
**All of these resources are included in The Stellar Teacher Reading Membership.
- Plot & Story Events Small Group Lesson Plans and Passages - Includes 10 small group lesson plan sets complete with lesson plan, reading passage, strategy card, comprehension questions, and graphic organizers - everything you need to teach an effective small group lesson.
- Story Elements Of Fiction Reading Task Cards - Includes 20 reading task cards. Each task card is short (just a half a page) and includes graphic organizers and comprehension questions as part of the response options.
- Differentiated Reading Passages for Plot & Story Events - Each text included in this set is written at three different reading levels so regardless of the grade you are teaching, you can give your students the level that will best meet their instructional needs. This way you can be confident they can read the text and really focus on the comprehension skill you want them to practice... in this case, understanding plot structure and story events.
- Reading Passages and Comprehension Questions - Get 10 reading passages that are aligned to the skill of understanding plot & key story events. Each passage also has a response template with a graphic organizer and comprehension questions. This is a great set for homework, independent practice or even to use as an assessment.
- Picture of the Day to Practice Understanding Plot - Get 10 pictures that include prompts to help students understand plot and key events. Students will get practice "reading the picture" which will give them confidence in their ability to apply this reading skill to their independent reading as well.
- Plot Structure And Story Events Reading Response Activities - These fun and engaging response activities, question stems, worksheets, and choice boards are exactly what you wed to help your students learn how to understand plot structure and key story events in a fictional story.
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
Describe in depth a character, setting, or event in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text (e.g., a character’s thoughts, words, or actions).
Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text, including how characters in a story or drama respond to challenges or how the speaker in a poem reflects upon a topic; summarize the text.