Also included in
- Tracking and Analyzing Characters in a fiction story engages readers in the narrative structure of the text. Readers need to understand the elements of narrative story structure and how the events affect characters.This Mini Bundle for Tracking and Analyzing Characters includes a variety of resource$20.00$23.00Save $3.00
- Over 100 minilessons to engage your readers in understanding how to make meaning while reading. These minilessons have actively engaged hundreds of readers to be more successful during independent reading. Grab this bank of minilessons to save you time and energy when planning your reading instruc$151.00$168.00Save $17.00
All readers need tools to record, organize and process their thinking about text.
The Reading Toolkit for Plot Structure is a collection of tools that readers can use while learning plotline and story structure.
Readers and Writers must understand the PLOT ELEMENTS of a story.
PLOT STRUCTURE of a narrative is commonly presented visually as a STORY MOUNTAIN that illustrates how the tension builds through the course of story events.
These PLOT STRUCTURE STORY MOUNTAIN ORGANIZERS will help students ‘see’ how narratives are built.
Suggestions for use…
- Introduce Plot Structure with the Minilesson
- Use the Story Mountain with labels and definitions as a teaching point to identify each of the story elements
- Use the Table of Story Elements as a sorting activity to introduce the vocabulary
- Use the blank Story Mountain Graphic Organizers as a way for students to rewrite & retell events of a story
- Use the smaller version of the Story Mountain Graphic Organizer with labels and definitions as a Readers’ Notebook insert or Writers’ Notebook insert
- Use the Story Mountain Graphic Organizer with labels only as a way for students to retell story events about a text they have read or a narrative they want to write
- Use the Comic Strip Plot Line Templates for illustrated story retellings.
- Use the blank Story Mountain Graphic Organizer to plan & outline narratives in Writing
This product works as a companion resource with...
- Reading Comprehension Minilessons for Monitoring Comprehension
- Following Characters A Reading Unit of Study
- Writing Personal Narratives A Writing Unit of Study
As always, if you plan to share this product with other education professionals, additional licenses MUST be purchased for each individual using the product. Additional licenses are available for purchase on this product page.
Any feedback you give regarding this product will be greatly appreciated.
Please click the green star to follow me and to never miss when new products are added to my store.
Please visit my literacy blog at www.LiteracyTreasures.com for tips, tricks and strategies to use within your literacy instruction.
You can also find me at…
Website Literacy Treasures
Facebook Literacy Treasures