The plot/literary elements game activity fosters a shared writing experience for students in the creation of a fun, creative, and often hilarious story.
Students then analyze this story for its flawed plot elements based on their understanding of literary elements.
Students create a literary analysis of this short story by providing an argument/counter-argument on whether their story has the merits to be turned into a movie.
Students are provided with:
- A literary elements student exploration for an in-depth look into plot elements and its function within a story.
- Stations to analyze the plot elements within their short story.
- Beautifully designed student packet to analyze elements, outline for the literary analysis, and explicit graphic organizers to support in the drafting of this literary critique.
- Argument and counter-argument lesson and graphic organizers.
- Email etiquette lesson- 21st century skills!
-Rubric for assessment
- 56 Slides, 43 Prezi Slides, 25 Pages
-CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.7.1, CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.7.2, CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.7.3, CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.8.1, CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.8.2, CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.9-10.1, CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.9-10.2, CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.9-10.3