Plotting Points on Coordinate Grids Game - 5th Grade Math Review - Ordered Pairs
Also included in
- You found the perfect 5th grade math review! Your 5th grade students will LOVE practicing or reviewing important concepts during math centers with these hands-on and engaging math board games. This year-long bundle has 45 math games for EVERY 5th grade standard. A great on-going math center, practiPrice $69.25Original Price $138.00Save $68.75
- Your 5th grade students will LOVE practicing or reviewing important math concepts with these hands-on and engaging math puzzles and board games. This year-long bundle has math puzzles and board games for all the 5th grade standards. A great on-going math center, practice after a lesson, small groupPrice $109.75Original Price $218.75Save $109.00
- Are you always searching for engaging stations for specific math skills? You found the perfect 5th grade math centers set for the entire school year! Your 5th grade students will LOVE practicing or reviewing important math concepts with these hands-on and engaging math centers. This year-long bundlePrice $157.50Original Price $313.50Save $156.00
You found the perfect math game for plotting points on a coordinate plane. Your 5th grade students will LOVE practicing or reviewing ordered pairs on a coordinate grid with this hands-on and engaging math board game. Use this as a math center, practice after a whole group lesson, small group math center, or a teacher table game! You can also use this math game as a spiral review throughout the year. A fun test prep activity, too!
★ This game is available in a year long bundle!
Your students will love completing these math board games while mastering the content standards along the way. This download has directions, a board game, 41 questions, and a student recording sheet to hold them accountable. View the preview above to see a detailed look at everything in this download.
The following items are included in this Coordinate Plane Game:
- Directions Page for Students
- Teacher Tips for how to use
- Ordered Pairs on Coordinate Grid Board Game
- Recording Sheet for Student Accountability
- Answer Key
Teachers Like You Say This:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Very easy to use and I truly believe students learn best through game play.” -Tony
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students love playing games and a simple, easy prep game like this is a great addition to math centers, early finisher activities, and review days.” -Nicole
What’s the best way to use this board game?
- Math Centers or Stations
- Whole Group Practice
- Morning Work
- Early Finisher Activities
- Send home to engage students’ families
Tips for Playing this Math Game:
- Read the directions to the students and model how to play.
- Be prepared with dice/spinner and game pieces for each player (paperclips, pencil top erasers, pieces from another game, etc.)
- Every student should solve every problem - not just the person who rolls.
- Create groups of 2-4 students. The lower number of students means the more focused students are while playing.
- Remind students that the focus is not playing the game but that’s just an added bonus! The focus should be on practicing math skills.
- Show students how to compare and discuss answers. Did you both get the same answer? If students get different answers, ask them to solve the problem using a different strategy or help coach each other through the problem.
Do your students need math practice? Students will be playing a game and will often forget that they are even practicing math skills! Research shows that challenge-based gamification in the classroom leads to an increase of 34.755% in student performance (ScienceDirect, 2020).
The best part? Your students will quickly learn the instructions to play the board game and will get right to work on playing (and practicing) their math skills. This resource is easy to use and requires very little prep. It’s also printer friendly so you’ll only use black ink!
5.G.B.3 Understand that attributes belonging to a category of two-dimensional figures also belong to all subcategories of that category. For example, all rectangles have four right angles and squares are rectangles, so all squares have four right angles.
★ Printer Friendly Resource! All pages are in black ink ONLY. If you are looking to add color, feel free to print on colorful cardstock.
★ Looking for games for 2nd grade? 2nd Grade Math Board Games YEAR LONG Bundle!
★ Looking for games for 3rd grade? 3rd Grade Math Board Games YEAR LONG Bundle!
★ Looking for games for 4th grade? 4th Grade Math Board Games YEAR LONG Bundle!
★ Looking for games for 5th grade? 5th Grade Math Board Games YEAR LONG Bundle!
★ Looking for games for 6th grade? 6th Grade Math Board Games YEAR LONG Bundle!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Go to your My Purchases page (log in first). Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
Having difficulty with a file?
Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q& A tab before leaving feedback.
Copyright © Chloe Campbell
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Questions or comments? Please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org