Plotting & Reading Graphs Real-Life Math Project | Arcade Math
Are your students wannabe business managers? Do they love games? Have them manage Frankie's Arcade, and practice plotting, reading graphs, and engaging in data analysis!
This is a great supplement activity for the 6th grade statistics curriculum reviewing how to create and analyze frequency tables, dot plots, histograms, and bar graphs.
In this print-and-go activity, students complete four tasks to decide how to expand the arcade with new games, understand customer demographics and spend patterns, and select an optimal promotion schedule. It's a blast – and puts frequency tables, dot plots, histograms and bar graphs into real world context.
Your purchase includes a print-and-go PDF, with four tasks:
- Task 1: Frequency Table of Game Popularity
- Objective: Decide what games to purchase
- Skills: Construct and analyze frequency tables
- Task 2: Dot Plot of Ages of Customers
- Objective: Understand customer demographics
- Skills: Construct and analyze dot plots, distributions, measure of center (mean, median, mode, and range)
- Task 3: Histogram of Money Spending Patterns
- Objective: Understand typical customer spend during visits
- Skills: Construct and analyze histograms
- Task 4: Bar Graph for Scheduling Promotions
- Objective: Decide the best days to run promotions
- Skills: Construct and analyze bar graphs
All in all, it contains 10 pages:
- 1 scenario page
- 1 customer data page
- 4 task pages
- 4 answer key pages
More Math Missions!
- Which Job Should Cindy Take? — Unit Rate Real World Math Project
- 10% vs $10 off: Which Is The Better Deal? — Percentage Real World Math Project
- The Zombie Outbreak: Distance on the Coordinate Plane and Coordinate Graphing
- Surface Area and Volume of 3D Shape Nets – Inspired by Minecraft
- Wedding Math: Operations with Decimals – Real Life Math Project
You might also like Doodle Math...
- Combining Like Terms [FREE]
- Multiplying & Dividing Numbers Under 100 [FREE]
- Classifying Quadrilaterals [FREE]
Before you go…
- Stay updated. Follow this page to stay updated on new activities.
- Join the community. Join us on Instagram and Pinterest for ideas and highlights.
- Please leave a review. I’d love to hear how the product is working in your classroom! (TPT gives you credit for reviewing paid products!)
Based on assets from Icons8 and Handy Teaching Tools.
Each purchased license is for use in a single classroom. If you’d like to share with other teachers, please buy additional licenses. Thanks!