This product consists simply of word lists for singular and plural nouns. Students can read directly from the list. Or you may want to use the list to refer to for certain activities. It is a great reference for spelling words for the week.
I have included a comprehensive list of each plural noun pattern, to include words for the lower level to the higher level students in first, second, and third grades.
Plural noun rules include:
• Spelling changes to the singular noun
• Add es to nouns ending in s, x, ch, sh, or z
• Add es to nouns that end in o, with exceptions
• Nouns with no spelling change from singular to plural, with exceptions
• Nouns ending in consonant and y, change y to i and add es
• Nouns ending in vowel and y, add s
• Nouns ending in f, change f to v and add es
• Nouns ending in fe, change f to v and add s
• Nouns ending in us, change us to i
• Nouns ending in is, change is to es
*High frequency words are notated with asterisks. Uses of these lists are also provided.
♥ My hope is that these lists save you time and provide a reference to plural nouns when you need it. ♥
Other word lists in my store that you may be interested in are:
• Long vowel patterns word lists
• Vowel digraphs word lists
• Consonant digraphs and patterns
• R-controlled vowels word lists
• Contractions Word Lists
Be the first to receive new product information by clicking on the green star by my store logo to follow me.
Receive credits toward future purchases on TPT by providing feedback. This can be done by logging in, clicking on ‘My Purchases’, then click on the feedback button next to any product on which you would like to comment.
Products should be re-downloaded before using to make sure you have the most up-to-date version of a resource you have bought. Sellers often go back to edit and tweak them to make an even better packet. You can check if any revisions have been made by logging into ‘My Purchases’. You can also re-download from this page by clicking ‘Download Now’. Downloads for products that have already been bought are always free.