Do your students mix up when to use the apostrophe and when to change the y to an i? Here is a game to help them practice.
Students practice writing words in plural and possessive form to help them not mix up when to use the apostrophe and when not to use it.
1. Students use their pencil and a paperclip to spin the Noun spinner.
2. Students record which noun they landed on in the first column.
3. Students spin on the Plural/Possessive spinner.
4. Students record which word they landed on in the plural/possessive column.
5. Students write a sentence in the last column using the noun correctly based off of what they spun. (with correct spelling too)
6. Repeat until all rows are filled in.
**Students can use the same noun twice-once on plural, once on possessive. If they spin it a third time, they need to re-spin. **
In the zip file there is a PDF version and the word document in case you want to make any changes.
If you like this game, click here
for a bundle of 7 spinner games for only $3. Includes adjectives, author's purpose, cause and effect, fact and opinion, verb tenses, and show, don't tell.