Podcast Creation Assignment
6th - 8th
- Google Apps™
Includes Google Apps™
The Teacher-Author indicated this resource includes assets from Google Workspace (e.g. docs, slides, etc.).
What educators are saying
This resource took what I wanted to do and put it all together perfectly. Thank you so muich for your resources!
We had so much fun with this. Now the kids want to use podcasts for everything! This resource provided everything that we needed to support the students in writing and creating a podcast.
Podcast Creation Assignment | PDF and Digital Formats: Use this assignment to help students learn about podcasts and then create their own. This resource contains 3 lessons to help students and teachers learn about this engaging media type. This assignment contains both PDF and Google Slides formats.
- Detailed Lesson Plans
- 3 Lessons - #1: Podcast Non-Fiction Article, #2: Podcast Comparison Analysis, #3: Podcast Creation Assignment
- Individual PDFs for Google Classroom
- Google Slides Format for 1:1 Classrooms
- Lesson #1 Podcast Non-Fiction Article: This article contains a pre-reading K-W-L chart, regular and modified versions of the article, an audio file of each article, and 3 post-reading activities (comprehension questions, grammar questions and a long answer writing response).
- Lesson #2 Podcast Comparison Analysis: Students will review fiction and non-fiction podcasts and discuss what elements each contains.
- Lesson #3 Podcast Creation Assignment: Students will learn how to create their own podcast using this scaffolded method.
This resource contains elements from these resources. Do not purchase this resource if you own either of these resources.
- “We had so much fun with this. Now the kids want to use podcasts for everything! This resource provided everything that we needed to support the students in writing and creating a podcast.”
- “My students loved this and had so much fun!”
- “Very engaging for students.”
Other Podcast Resources
Included with rubric
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
Read and comprehend complex literary and informational texts independently and proficiently.
Write informative/explanatory texts to examine and convey complex ideas and information clearly and accurately through the effective selection, organization, and analysis of content.
Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
Develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach.
Use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing and to interact and collaborate with others.