Podcast Listening Comprehension Worksheets
BUT WHY: Why Do We Laugh?
Podcasts aren’t just for grown-ups anymore! This resource includes companion activities for the But Why podcast. These engaging and interesting podcasts begin with a question from a kid and contain loads of information from subject matter experts in that area. Your students will enjoy listening to But Why and learn a lot about a variety of topics. The episodes incorporate nicely into social studies and science units!
These are generic questions to use with any podcast - the worksheets are specific to a single podcast episode.
1. Comprehension Worksheet - eight questions about the content to answer , , and listening
2. Writing Prompt - an about the podcast with room to plan and write a final copy
3. Word Search - hunt for from the podcast...this makes a great early finisher activity!
It is easy (and free) for you and your students to listen to the podcast episodes from - you just need to be connected to the Internet. How to access the podcast:
1. Use the bit.ly link included in the file
2. Scan the QR code at the top of the worksheet
3. Go to the podcast website shown on the worksheet
How you incorporate these activities is totally up to you - here are a few different ways you can use them!
• Listen to the podcast whole group. This promotes conversation and is a great way to fill time after lunch or before dismissal!
• Have a podcast center where students can listen to and complete activities on their own. This way they can replay parts as needed.
• Don’t feel like you need to do this all at once! The podcasts run from 20-30 minutes, so you may want to spread this out over the course of a week. Here is an example of how you could do it:
Monday - listen to the first half of the podcast
Tuesday - listen to the second half of the podcast
Wednesday - complete the comprehension questions
Thursday - complete the writing prompt
Friday - complete the word search
I will be uploading many more of these - check out the year-long bundle to get 36 different podcast activities at a major discount!
These resources are not created or licensed by Vermont Public Radio or the But Why podcast, however by the podcast creators and legal team for me to sell these resources on TpT.