Poem in Your Pocket Day is celebrated every April when students are encouraged to pick a poem they like and carry it around to share with others. This Poem in Your Pocket Day craftivity encourages students to write different types of poems and create a pocket to put them in.
This Poem in Your Pocket Day craftivity is a fun way to engage students in the celebration while honing their creative craft and poetry writing skills. Students can carry around their finished poem pockets to share with their peers. The finished product also makes an attractive bulletin board display.
This resource includes the following:
- pocket template for students to decorate and cut out (three options are included)
- directions for crafting a pocket to put poems in
- 4 blank pocket-size pages to write poems: directions include writing a cinquain, an acrostic, a haiku, and a poem of student's choice
- 1 pocket-size page to write about a poem by a famous poet
- examples of a cinquain, an acrostic, and a haiku poem
Materials you will need for this craftivity:
- colored pencils or markers
- glue sticks
- construction paper or cardstock
- a selection of poems or poetry books for students to "research" poems to write about
A preview of this resource is available to download prior to purchasing.
Earn Credit Towards Future Purchases
After you’ve downloaded your purchase, be sure to come back and leave feedback, and you will earn credit points that can be applied toward future TpT purchases.
TOU This resource was designed for educational use in a single classroom or home, and may only be used by the buyer. Without the purchase of multiple licenses, distribution in any form to others is prohibited. No part of this resource may be reproduced, re-sold, or claimed as your own.