This zip file includes activities for the poems listed below. These are the poems used in the 7th grade Core Knowledge curriculum, but could be used in any poetry unit:
Annabel Lee by Edgar Allan Poe
Because I Could Not Stop For Death by Emily Dickinson
Dulce et Decorum Est by Wilfred Owen
Fire and Ice by Robert Frost
Heritage by Countee Cullen
Macavity by T.S. Eliot
The Charge of the Light Brigade by Alfred Lord Tennyson
The Chimney Sweeper by William Blake
The Cremation of Sam McGee by Robert Service
The Negro Speaks of Rivers by Langston Hughes
This is Just to Say by William Carlos Williams
* a vocabulary activities
* a mini-lesson about the poets
* a mini-lesson about various poetry topics
* questions for students to analyze the poem
* an activity for students to create their own poem in the same style and then analyze/explain its meaning
* an poem analysis assignment for students to write an essay about a poem in the style of the poets (rubric included)
* several essays in which students must compare poems
If you see poem lessons in my store that you would also like to bundle into a different packet, please email me at email@example.com and I can build a packet to meet your classroom needs.
Before rating, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you find an error and I will quickly fix and resend the product to you.
Check out our site at www.ek12schools.com
Please download my featured FREE product at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Middle-School-SAT-List-1-Vocabulary-Unit-and-PowerPoint-Lecture-1-of-10
If you are extremely dissatisfied with a product please contact me so I can attempt to correct the situation. I do not offer refunds on electronic products but will offer a replacement item in some cases. I want you to be happy so you'll be a return customer.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.