Also included in
- This Poem of the Week BUNDLE has everything you need to teach interactive poetry for the entire school year. There 65 original poems and 20 nursery rhymes included, as well as 6 differentiated activities for EVERY poem and nursery rhyme. Use this poem of the week resource to teach poetry during dist$48.00$70.00Save $22.00
- With the Poetry Mega BUNDLE, you gain a TON of quality poetry resources and engaging poems for primary to last all year. Teach a poem of the week and gain MANY differentiated activities to build literacy skills and reading fluency. Teach a poetry writing unit with the right tools to make planning si$66.50$133.00Save $66.50
This Poem of the Week resource includes 21 original poems to add to your collection of poems - Everything you need to teach interactive poetry for February to June. There are also 6 differentiated activities included, as well as sentence strips and bulletin board banner. Your students will be reading and writing poetry all week long!
Use this poem of the week resource to teach poetry during distance learning and online virtually with the digital activities for every poem!
21 Original Poems on the following topics:
Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year, Groundhog Day, 100 Days of School, St Patrick's Day, Easter, Community, Earth Day, Reading, Spring, Fairy Tales, Animals, Plants, Summer Vacation, The Beach, Measuring, Shapes, Feelings, Friendship, Mother' Day.
This poem of the week pack resource includes:
- 21 original poems
- Poem of the Week or Month Banner (to hang above your poetry board or pocket chart)
- Pocket chart strips for each poem
Every poem includes:
6 activities for each poem depending on your grade level and skill level of your kiddies (differentiated activities for Pre-K to grade 2).
- a printable poem sheet
- writing paper to copy the poem at a poetry center
- two sheets with sentences of the poem to cut, reorder, & paste onto a separate sheet
- poem with fill in the blanks
- fill in the blanks and extra skill tasks with sight words, rhyming words, etc.
- lots of places to illustrate the meaning of the poems
- complete the parts of the poem
Look at the PREVIEW for an up-close look at what is included in a Poem of the Week resource. The video preview shows examples from a selection of poems from the Poem of the Week Bundle in action.
How to Use the DIGITAL Poem of the Week Activities:
- Teach and practice the class poem, while assigning virtual activities for students to complete throughout the week
- Students will type onto colored text boxes with pre-formatted font and sizing or move interactive elements to show understanding (circles, highlight boxes)
- Children can complete activities digitally after a whole class, small group, or one-on-one lesson
- Beneficial for one-to-one classrooms
- It can be used to further a child’s independent practice of reading skills: in the classroom or in a homeschool setting.
Comes with READY-FOR-YOU Google Slides, PowerPoint file, & images for Seesaw:
- Comes with instructions for Google Classroom with Google Slides - You will receive a file with a link to create copies of the Google Slides to use in your Google Classroom.
- Comes with instructions for using images in Seesaw, where you can edit an activity and add instructions for students to complete. Assign the activities using your Seesaw Classroom account, which is compatible with Chromebooks, computers, iPads, iPhones, Android tablets, Android phones, and Kindle Fire.
- You will also receive a PowerPoint file that can be used as you see fit.
This poetry resource is part of a BUNDLE with BIG SAVINGS! Buy the Poem of the Week BUNDLE and get 1 pack for FREE. Check it out HERE.
Buy the POETRY MEGA BUNDLE and SAVE 50%! This BUNDLE includes 3 HUGE poetry resources (Poetry Mats, Poem of the Week bundle, and Poetry Writing unit. Check it out HERE!
**PLEASE NOTE: Many of the poems included in the Poem of the Week resources are the same poems included in the NEW INTERACTIVE Poetry Mats BUNDLE! Use both resources together to provide more options for practice!
Interested in learning more about teaching poetry in primary? Join the FREE poetry e-course HERE!
Check out the Poem of the Week blog post HERE that includes details about teaching a weekly poem and how I used these resources in the classroom. It is full of photos in action!
Check out these related products...
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
- Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
- Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
- Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
- Join our Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Questions, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome.
Just use the “Product Q&A” tab and I will get back to you as fast as I can!
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at email@example.com.
©2013 to Present - Proud to be Primary - Elyse Rycroft