Poetry Mats ~ 5 different poem of the weeks and activities
. Teach a poem of the week each week using these versatile differentiated Poetry Mats to build literacy skills and reading fluency. The printable poems and practice activities make the perfect companions for your back to school lesson plans!
September's 5 original poems are:
2. I'm a Little Student
3. The School Bus
5. Good-bye Summer, Hello Fall
A Poetry Mats BUNDLE is available at a SPECIAL DISCOUNT you won't want to miss!
**PLEASE NOTE: Many of the poems included in the Poetry Mats resources are the same poems included in the TOP SELLING Poem of the Week BUNDLE
! Use both resources together to provide more options for practice.
What is included in Poetry Mats!
A poem is included on each mat, as well as 3-4 activities to build a ton of skills.
There are 4 different mats included for each poem!
#1 - Student reads the poem and completes 4 activities, including answering questions and illustrating the poem.
#2 - Student reads the poem and completes 4 activities, including letterboxes, connecting, and sequencing.
#3 - Student reads the poem and completes 4 activities, including filling in missing words and completing parts.
#4 - Student reads the poem and completes 3 activities, including rewriting the poem and completing a series of tasks.
*Additional pages are provided for Canadian users which include Canadian spelling and content if necessary. Extra pages included with Canadian content, if applicable.
Look at the PREVIEW
for a look at Poetry Mats up close and the variety of activities included!
Skills covered in Poetry Mats!
*Answering comprehension questions
*Finding rhyming words
*Grammar & parts of speech
*Using context clues
& so much more!
4 ways to use Poetry Mats in your classroom!
1. Print and use Poetry Mats in your small groups to practice so many important skills!
2. Shrink and print Poetry Mats and use in interactive poetry notebooks!
3. Copy Poetry Mats back to back with the cover page to create a booklet!
4. Copy and put Poetry Mats into a folder. Use for morning work or fast finishers!
5 Reasons Why YOU NEED Poetry Mats!
1. Poetry mats are perfect for independent practice of the poem of the week and help build beginner reading skills and fluency.
2. Poetry Mats are differentiated to meet the needs of your learners. With the different variations, there is something for all.
3. The original poems are related to seasons, connected to holidays and celebrations, and are about topics kids can relate to.
4. Each poem can be taught whole class and then practiced in small groups, independently, or as a center activity.
5. Poetry Mats help build reading confidence and kids love them!
You can view all of the monthly MATS resources, as well as other months of Poetry Mats HERE
Comprehension Mats BUNDLE
Writing Mats BUNDLE
Math Mats BUNDLE
Word Mats BUNDLE
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
Click the star
at the top to receive notifications of product releases and freebies!
Subscribe to the NEWSLETTER
for must-have freebies, teaching tidbits, and shop news!
Head to my WEBSITE
to read great teaching tips.
Receive weekly BLOG POSTS
sent straight to your inbox.
Like my FACEBOOK
page for the special giveaways and deals.
Pin with me on PINTEREST
for daily ideas and activities for your classroom.
Follow me on INSTAGRAM
to see Proud to be Primary in action.
Questions, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome.
Just use the “Product Q&A”
tab and I will get back to you as fast as I can!
Please ask all questions before
This product is licensed for personal classroom use unless multiple licenses are purchased.
© Proud to be Primary
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺