Poetry is a powerful tool in the early grades. Short, highly engaging poems provide material for teaching content, as well as a medium for meeting curriculum standards in literacy. If you're interested in implementing a Poem of the Week program in your classroom, these resources will get you off to a great start. I've even included one of my original poems in this file.
This file includes:
* Using the Resources and Forms
* Implementing a Poem of the Week in Your Classroom
* My Poetry Collection Table of Contents Form
* Poem of the Week Parent Letter
* Poem of the Week Parent Response Form
* Poetry Center Response Form
* Poem of the Week Written Response
* Poetry Lives (original poem)
If you'd like to know more about implementing a Poem of the Week program, please visit my blog:
Theresa's Teaching Tidbits
If you need resources for your poetry program, consider these:
Poem of the Week Bundle
A Kind and Caring Classroom: Poems of the Week that Promote Good Character
Science Poems and Activities for Primary Grades
Patriotic Poems and Activities for Primary Grades
Fall Poems and Activities for Primary Grades
Please don't forget to follow my store by clicking on the star!
Feedback is welcome!