Looking for poems to do in your K-2 classroom all year long? This file has poems for the entire year. There are 48 poems in this packet that range from nursery rhymes, get to know you poems, seasonal poems, poems for the holidays and non-fiction poems. All lesson ideas and activities are included in this packet. With this poetry packet, shared reading in the K-2 classroom is planned and ready for you all year long!
This is a year long BUNDLE. These seasonal poetry resources are each included in this bundle:
Back to School Poems
Read about my weekly routine for shared reading in my classroom
on the blog!
Download a FREE sample of this packet in my Poetry Folder FREEBIE!
Included in this packet:
• 48 poems to use throughout the school year
• Poem masters for students to put in their poetry folder to highlight sight words, phonics sounds, etc and illustrate. Student reread daily for fluency.
• PDF color files for all poems that has a menu page with quick links so you can click and go directly to the poem you are looking for. This is intended to use on your interactive whiteboard for shared reading
• Poetry Station/Center Materials - I've included 48 of the poems in a file so that all you have to do is print on color cardstock (each page has a suggested color to keep your poems from getting easily mixed up), cut the lines apart and put in manilla envelopes. Student order the lines of the poems (looking at the poem on the outside of the envelope or NOT looking for an extra challenge) at stations and practice rereading.
• Lesson Ideas/Focus Points Document - I have included a table that describes in a bullet list style what I do with each poem each day of the week
Interactive Phonics Units (that include different phonics poems for each focus sound)
Year Long Phonics Sorts
Sight Word Lists and Games: Year Long Bundle
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2017, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!
Follow My TPT Store
| Follow My Blog