Introduce your students to the beautiful world of Spanish literature through this poem by Pablo Neruda. Use this Ode to teach new vocabulary, practice sentence formation with correct grammar, increase language production and explore the splendor of Latin American Poetry. Celebrate National poetry month!
Translate the poem with your students. Talk about the "Tono" (feeling) and the "tema" (the message). Then play the game!
1. Simply print, cut and laminate the cards.
2. Place the bigger cards on the floor creating a board game path.
3. Form 2-6 teams and ask them to chose an item as their place marker.
4. Take a smaller card and follow the instructions on it.
Basura = loses 1 turn
Vuelve a casa= go back to the beginning.
5. Move the number of spaces shown in the cards and say or write a sentence using the word that you land on. Work in teams.
6. The first team to make it to the end wins.
Variation: play against the time. Set a time and see if the class can win before they run out of time.
Celebra el mes nacional de la poesía!