Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Teach fourth grade literature standards with confidence. A complete learning cycle helps kids master each reading skill: introductory slideshow, guided practice, independent practice, and assessment. Everything you need is included.To support classroom, hybrid, and distance learning, resources are a$85.00$122.00Save $37.00
These ELA activities teach third and fourth graders to identify structural elements of poetry, drama, and prose. An instructional slideshow provides direct instruction. Students practice identifying structures with mixed passages. An assessment and extra practice are also included.
For traditional classroom teaching, you may introduce concepts with a PowerPoint presentation and provide practice with printable PDFS. If you're using hybrid, distance, or paperless learning, try the Google Slides presentation and TpT Digital Activities.
Lesson plans, links, and teaching tips are now all stored in one handy place. Open the bonus preview to take a look.
- Lesson plans
- Slideshow (PowerPoint & Google Slides)
- One-page quick reference guide with samples of each type of literature
- One-page quick reference guide with prose, drama, and poetry terms
- One-page list of additional poetry terms
- Five passages, each based on classic children’s literature*, that include mixed passages (PDF & TpT Digital Activities)
- Three additional texts for practice discriminating between forms of literature and their elements
Would you like to know when I post more resources? Simply follow me on TpT.
*Stories and illustrations were adapted from Dramatic Reader for Lower Grades by Florence Holbrook, and Mary’s Little Lamb by Edith Francis Foster, which are now in the public domain.
I’m committed to continual improvement. This unit was updated and enhanced on July 10, 2020.