Also included in
- Imagine having a complete poetry unit ready to go - now imagine that your students are engaged in all of the lessons and activities! This bundle can do just that.The Poetry Bundle includes:Figurative language challenges that show students how & why writers use poetic devicesOne-sliders that they$30.00$44.73Save $14.73
Help students learn the language of poetry with an active learning process they will enjoy and remember. You can assign one poetic device to a pair or group of students and have them create a one-slider to teach the rest of the students about their device.
One-sliders are a digital extension of the one-pager, and they are more accessible to those students who don't think they are creative. They really enjoy the process and take great pride in the finished product. And, you will enjoy grading them as well!
The resource includes:
- Instructions for the one-slider assignment
- A sample slide for instruction and inspiration
- A rubric for assessment
- Instructions for how to create the slides
The slideshow gives clear directions for setting up the one-slider. You can present the introductory directions to your students or have them work through them on their own as it is set up in a way that will allow them to use it independently. Everything is editable, so you will be able to tweak as needed.
You Might Also Like:
If you would like to use only one of these activities, they are available separately:
Looking for other resources that will engage students while distance learning?
- Research Magazine
- Digital Choice Boards
- Writing Challenges
- Engaging Activities for Online Learning
- Informational Texts for Distance Learning
- Check out all of my online resources here.
Connect with me for teaching tips and ideas: