This product is also available in my ELA Game Bundle
. Check it out - it's a great deal!
Studying figurative language has never been so much fun! Like the similarly-named game of Taboo, this is more organized and challenging than regular flashcards. And it's one of my favorite products. For middle and high school, Tab-Shoo provides a fun and motivating learning experience. It's great for test review as well. The objective is guess the word on a card. Player one gives player two clues without saying any of the words on the card. If this is too difficult for your students, you may allow them to use one word, or two … however to best suit their learning needs. This game is more challenging than regular flashcards so provides a rigorous test review and a fun, game experience.
If you have time (about 45 minutes), students can start practicing with partners for a few minutes for a couple of days, then have a class-wide competition. First, begin by asking each set of partners to play against another set of partners. I normally use a timer and give each team about two minutes to guess as many words as possible. Then the winning team plays against another winning team (and the not-so-winning teams play against one another, all simultaneously). We do that until it’s we’ve narrowed down the top two teams. Then they play against one another in front of the class to determine the overall winner. It’s fun, competitive, and a great way to reinforce learning. For additional excitement, you may even want to give prizes!
List of More Products for You and Your Students to Love:
Passage-Based Summative Assessment
More Awesome Poetry and Literary Devices Lessons
1. Poetic Devices Lessons Engaging Activities Pack
2. Literary Devices Password Game
3. Concentration and Memory Card Game
4. Poetry Analysis of "maggie and milly and molly and may" by E.E. Cummings
5. Poetry Analysis of "Because I Could Nor Stop for Death" by Emily Dickinson Close-Read and Analysis
Lessons with Song Lyrics
1. My Life Symbolized by Song Titles
2. Coldplay's "Violet Hill" Song Lyric Analysis Lesson
3. "Love Interruption" by Jack White Lyric Study and Music Video/Song Analysis
1. Literary/Poetic Devices "Tab-shoo"
2. Literary Elements "Tab-shoo"
3. Characterization: Character Portrayal Game
4. "Name That Tone" - Author's Tone Game
5. Hangman Template (a step-by-step easy approach to the process of the game)
Thank you for your interest in my shop! ❤