⚜This poetry and literary devices test is in multiple choice format and recommended for grade 8 through high school students. It is a resource you'll use again and again!
➜This resource is available at a reduced price
as part of my Poetry Mega-Bundle for Middle and High School
. Check it out!
ELA CCSS & ACT QC aligned - 20 questions based on four separate poems, this assessment is perfect for a poetic devices - figurative language test. The four poems provide a state-test-like format wherein your students apply their knowledge of the standards and concepts they have learned to four pieces they have not studied. Of course, you also have the choice to study one or all of the poems beforehand - but, in preparation for state testing, I normally present my students with at least three out of four "cold" reads.
Listed on the first page are the concepts that are assessed. This way you have an easy reference sheet to use as you develop your unit, learning targets, daily lessons. This summative poetry assessment makes it easy to "begin with the end in mind."
Some of the vocabulary includes: personification, simile, genre, ballad, ode, narrative, etc. All tested concepts are listed on one of the preview pages.
Be sure and check out some of my other products! Just click on the handy links provided below. :-D
More Products for You and Your Students to Love:
Lessons with Song Lyrics
1. My Life Symbolized by Song Titles
2. Coldplay's "Violet Hill" Song Lyric Analysis Lesson
1. Literary/Poetic Devices "Tab-shoo"
2. Literary Elements "Tab-shoo"
3. Characterization: Character Portrayal Game
4. "Name That Tone" - Author's Tone Game
5. Hangman Template (a step-by-step easy approach to the process of the game)
1. Emily Dickinson's "Because I Could Not Stop for Death" Close Reading
2. E.E. Cummings Poem "maggie and milly and molly and may
How to Critique Literature through Literary Criticism (ACT QC)
Secondary and Junior High Poetry Unit and Figurative Language Summative Assessment.