Poetry and literary devices assessment for middle school and high school - this is a resource you'll use again and again! ELA CCSS & ACT QC aligned - 20 questions based on four separate poems, this assessment is perfect for an end-of-unit test on poetry. This poetry and literary devices test is in multiple choice format and recommended for grade 8 through high school students. The four poems provide a state-test-like format wherein your students apply their knowledge of the standards and concepts they have learned to four pieces they have not studied. Of course, you also have the choice to study one or all of the poems beforehand - but, in preparation for state testing, I normally present my students with at least three out of four "cold" reads.
Listed on the first page are the concepts that are assessed. This way you have an easy reference sheet to use as you develop your unit, learning targets, daily lessons. This summative poetry assessment makes it easy to "begin with the end in mind."
Some of the vocabulary includes: personification, simile, genre, ballad, ode, narrative, etc. All tested concepts are listed on one of the preview pages.
Purchase includes two original pieces of art - poetry book, and sketch of "Porphyria" (a character from the first poem in the test). You are purchasing the right to use all of this for your educational purposes, not for resale.
Be sure and check out some of my other products! Just click on the handy links provided below. :-D
Categorized List of Products for You and Your Students to Love:
Lessons with Song Lyrics
1. My Life Symbolized by Song Titles
2. Coldplay's "Violet Hill" Song Lyric Analysis Lesson
1. Ghost Hunt - Spooky & Motivational Informational Reading for Internet
2. The Twilight Zone "The Masks" Lesson
3. The Tale of the Monkey's Paw -- Scary and High Interest
4. "The Cask of Amontillado" Worksheet Assessment
1. Literary/Poetic Devices "Tab-shoo"
2. Literary Elements "Tab-shoo"
3. Characterization: Character Portrayal Game
4. "Name That Tone" - Author's Tone Game
5. Hangman Template (a step-by-step easy approach to the process of the game)
1. Emily Dickinson's "Because I Could Not Stop for Death" Close Reading
2. E.E. Cummings Poem "maggie and milly and molly and may
1. Creative Writing with Art Prompts
2. Create-Your-Own-Character Mini-Unit - Creative Writing
How to Critique Literature through Literary Criticism (ACT QC)
Secondary and Junior High Poetry Unit and Figurative Language Summative Assessment.