Products in this Bundle (20)
showing 1-5 of 20 products
With the Poetry Mega BUNDLE, you gain many quality poetry resources and engaging poems for primary to last all year. Teach a poem of the week and gain MANY differentiated activities to build literacy skills and reading fluency. Teach a poetry writing unit during poetry month or anytime with the right tools to make planning simple and teaching a breeze.
Buy this POETRY MEGA BUNDLE and SAVE 50%. This BUNDLE includes 3 HUGE poetry resources (Poetry Mats, Poem of the Week bundle, and Poetry Writing unit.
See the PREVIEW for an CLOSE-UP look at what is included in this MASSIVE BUNDLE!
The POETRY MEGA BUNDLE includes:
1. Poem of the Week Bundle
This Poem of the Week BUNDLE is a collection of my 4 poem of the week resources. That's a total of 65 original poems and 20 nursery rhymes. Each poem and nursery rhyme comes with 6 differentiated activities!
Use this poem of the week resource to teach poetry during distance learning and online with the digital activities for every poem!
What is included?
- Poem of the Week or Month Banner (to hang above your poetry board or pocket chart)
- A copy of each of the 65 poems & 20 nursery rhymes
- 6 differentiated activities for each poem & nursery rhyme
- sentence strips of each poem and rhyme for your pocket chart
- DIGITAL Google Slides for every poem & activities ready for you to use in your Google Classroom
Every poem includes:
6 activities for each poem depending on your grade level and skill level of your kiddies (differentiated activities for Pre-K to grade 2).
- a printable poem sheet
- writing paper to copy the poem at a poetry center
- two sheets with sentences of the poem to cut, reorder, & paste onto a separate sheet
- poem with fill in the blanks
- fill in the blanks and extra skill tasks with sight words, rhyming words, etc.
- lots of places to illustrate the meaning of the poems
- complete the parts of the poem
2. Poetry Mats
What is included?
A poem is included on each mat, as well as 3-4 activities to build a ton of skills.
There are 4 different mats included for each poem!
#1 - Student reads the poem and completes 4 activities, including answering questions and illustrating the poem.
#2 - Student reads the poem and completes 4 activities, including letterboxes, connecting, and sequencing.
#3 - Student reads the poem and completes 4 activities, including filling in missing words and completing parts.
#4 - Student reads the poem and completes 3 activities, including rewriting the poem and completing a series of tasks.
Skills covered in Poetry Mats!
- Repeated reading
- Making connections
- Illustrating meaning
- Close reading
- Answering comprehension questions
- Finding rhyming words
- Grammar & parts of speech
- Using context clues
- Sentence structure
- & so much more!
3. Poetry Writing Unit
What is included?
The Poetry Writing unit includes 160 pages of poetry writing activities to teach how to write 13 different types of poetry.
There are posters for each poetry types with examples and half page posters for poetry terms.
This unit includes planning sheets and many poetry writing templates for each type of poetry.
- Poetry Banner (to hang above your poetry board)
- Poetry Posters with Definitions & Examples
- Poetry Vocabulary Cards with Definitions & some examples
- Many Poetry Idea Creation Pages for Younger & Older Students
- Many Student Practice Pages for Younger & Older Students
- 4-8 Poetry Templates per type (71 in total)
- Poetry Notebook cover (use as a cover & pick and chose pages to make a notebook)
- Poetry Notebook (with all 13 types of poetry included)
Types of Poems Included:
- Shape poetry
- 5 Senses poetry
- Acrostic poetry
- Color poetry
- Alphabet poetry
- Cinquain poetry
- Diamante poetry
- Limerick poetry
- Free Verse poetry
- Rhyming Couplets poetry
- List poetry
- Autobiographical (Bio) poetry
- Haiku poetry
**Additional pages are provided for Canadian users which include Canadian spelling and content if necessary. Extra pages included with Canadian content, if applicable.
Check out the Poem of the Week blog post HERE that includes details about teaching a weekly poem and how I used these resources in the classroom. It is full of photos in action!
Interested in learning more about teaching poetry in primary? Join the FREE poetry e-course HERE!
You might also be interested in...
Try the SEL program that is needed in ALL classrooms!
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Questions, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome.
Just use the “Product Q&A” tab and I will get back to you as fast as I can!
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at email@example.com.
© Proud to be Primary