Also included in
- Delve into character analysis, poetry, grammar, and informational text with this engaging bundle designed for distance learning. This bundle includes seven comprehensive assignments that can be used for distance learning, summer school activities, and back to school. Save 20% when you bundle. LearnPrice $9.99Original Price $14.44Save $4.45
- Engage 8th-12th grade students in the classroom or virtually with this 5-star rated growing bundle of poetry lessons. This resource includes a student-rated favorite lesson: crafting a Pablo Neruda style poem by examining a fruit or vegetable! You will receive the in-class version of this lessonPrice $5.50Original Price $6.97Save $1.47
- Engage your high school English students from afar with this virtual classroom (which contains hidden literary objects) and distance learning resources your students will love, which include:Two character analysis tasks that can be used for any novel. The tasks include a character reenactment and anPrice $13.50Original Price $16.96Save $3.46
- If you are a high school English teacher who is:beginning the year virtually looking for engaging distance learning materialsand transitioning to in-school instruction . . . then this bundle is for you! Containing my best-selling virtual classroom (with hidden literary images!), set of distance leaPrice $17.99Original Price $23.95Save $5.96
A STUDENT-RATED FAVORITE LESSON NOW AVAILABLE FOR DISTANCE LEARNING!
Challenge students to think like Pablo Neruda by analyzing a fruit or vegetable (that they have available at home) and crafting a Pablo Neruda style ode about it.
To frame their understanding of odes, students begin with analyzing a stanza of John Keats' classic "Ode on a Grecian Urn," anticipate features of Neruda's odes based on Keats' famous model, and ultimately analyze a fruit or vegetable in a celebratory manner that would make Neruda proud.
Included in this resource:
- an analysis of a stanza of John Keats' famous ode
- an answer key for the stanza analysis
- the detailed assignment sheet
Students consistently rate this lesson as one of their favorites throughout the year!
Note: Students will need copies of one of Neruda's food-based odes. They are easily accessible online.
Technology note: You need a Google account to access and share this resource with students.
Health note: Ensure students have no contact allergies with the produce that they analyze. Innovative English Instruction assumes no liability for any allergic reactions/health issues that may result from students engaging in this assignment. By purchasing this assignment, you agree to these terms.
Looking for bulletin board ideas that encourage social distancing?
- Space Themed Posters for Social Distancing Classroom Poster Set Bulletin Board (5-star rated!)
- Author Themed Posters for Social Distancing Classroom Poster Set Bulletin Board (5-star rated!)
Thank you for visiting my store! Please follow me (by easily clicking HERE!) to receive freebies and updates about new products! New products are 50% OFF for the first 24 hours!
Your feedback is valuable to me! I would love to hear your feedback on this resource. Simply go to your "My Purchases" page where you will see a review button. Click on "Have you used this resource? If so, leave a review." Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. Thank you so much!
© Innovative English Instruction