Also included in
- Make this winter season as simple as possible with this bundle of four resources for the English Language Arts classroom. Each resource is extremely detailed, engaging, and ready to print-and-teach. Together they span at least 15 days of instruction.From an interactive analysis of winter poetry, t$16.99$19.97Save $2.98
- Celebrate poetry all year long with this bundle of 20 poem studies and 20 poetry analysis flip books filled with 80 engaging analysis tasks. There are four units in all. The units are grouped for each season. Each unit focuses on 5 seasonal poems with 5 sets of 5—page interactive flip books. Tha$23.99$27.96Save $3.97
- New Year…new set of fun and engaging unit plans! This bundle includes 4 print-and-teach units that you can teach during the entire month of January! That’s right! Just download these units and you won’t have to do a bit of lesson planning! This bundle includes four resources that perfectly pair$22.99$26.96Save $3.97
This winter, help your students cozy up to five winter poem studies in this engaging 5-day Poetry Analysis Unit. Take all of the intimidation out of teaching and analyzing poetry with the Interactive Flip Books designed for each poem. Each flip book includes four analysis tasks to help students dive deeper into the interpretation of the poems. The best part is that students begin to see the value in reading a poem multiple times and develop confidence in their reading skills. Your students will love the interactive flip books and you’ll love how they develop as readers.
Great news! DIGITAL VERSIONS INCLUDED!
All 5 of the poetry analysis flip books are available as a Google Slides resource for students. In addition to the PDF version, students can complete the flip book pages via a file sharing service such as Google Drive, Google Classroom, or in the internet “cloud.” The digital versions of the poetry flip books are accessible from any computer and allow students to complete their work online.
Quick Poetry Unit Overview:
- Includes 5 different poem studies all about winter. Poems are written by diverse authors.
- Students complete a five-page interactive flip book as they analyze each poem.
- Lessons are easily adaptable to small group or partner work.
- Lessons encourage repeated poetry readings to develop deep interpretation and comprehension.
- The unit can be taught in succession or broken into individual lessons throughout the year (or spring season).
This detailed unit includes:
- 20 close reading and analysis activities that can be assembled into interactive flip books
- Detailed instructional lesson plans
- Teacher keys for all student worksheets
- Multiple links to download, print, and/or type all 5 poems
- Styled pages for printing poems (optional)
Poems included in this unit:
- “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening” by Robert Frost
- “Snow in the Suburbs” by Thomas Hardy
- “Those Winter Sundays” by Robert Hayden
- “Snow Day” by Billy Collins
- “Cynthia in the Snow” by Gwendolyn Brooks
IMPORTANT - The poems are NOT included in this resource. However, multiple links for each poem are included. You will be able to easily click, print and/or type each poem. You'll find 5 template pages for each poem included in case you would like to coordinate the poems with the analysis tasks. Super easy!
Skills developed in this unit:
- Close reading of complex texts
- Making inferences
- Identifying rhyme scheme
- Determining central ideas or themes in poetry
- Interpreting figurative language
- Responding to poetry
- Citing textual evidence to support poem analysis
- Writing analyses with sufficient evidence
- Participating in discussions and expressing ideas about poetry clearly
Common Core Learning Standards addressed in this unit:
- RL.1, RL.2, RL.4, RL.5, RL.10
- W.9, W.10
- L.1, L.3, L.4, L.5, L.6
- SL.1, SL.6
EXCITING NEWS! This set of poetry analysis interactive flip books is part of the Year of Poetry Analysis Flip Books Bundle! The bundle includes 20 poems, 20 flip books, and 80 analysis tasks. You’ll find sets of flip books for SPRING, SUMMER, AUTUMN and WINTER. Learn more about the Year of Poetry Analysis Flip Books Bundle HERE!
FYI: This unit is also a part of the Winter Resources Bundle . The bundle is filled with over 15 days of instruction and includes four resources - Winter Poetry Analysis Flip Books, "A Christmas Carol" Interactive Notebooks, a Winter Break Project, and an End-of-Year Reflection. You can check it out HERE .
You might also like...
- Incredible Journeys Multi-Unit Bundle: Literature Study, Historical Text Analysis, Poetry Analysis, Poetry Writing, Speech Analysis, Mini-Research Project, Speech Writing and Presentation, & Personal Journey Reflection
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction