Also included in
- Do you want your students to think critically, thoughtfully, and reflectively about what they are reading? Are you in need of a way to scaffold literary analysis and reading comprehension? This huge reading graphic organizers bundle contains graphic activities that you can use with any literature or$32.00$39.48Save $7.48
Want to freshen up your poetry unit with something creative, scaffolded, and fun? These poetry analysis graphic organizers, which can also be used to create a poetry one pager, is the perfect addition to any unit. Materials included can be used with poems or songs.
This poetry analysis resource contains:
- 1 graphic organizer that requires students to think creatively and reflect on different poetic devices, such as figurative language, universal themes, mood, sound devices, and form. Use this as a graphic organizer or a scaffolded poetry one pager.
- 1 graphic organizer with scaffolded questions about figurative language
- 1 graphic organizer with scaffolded questions about form and structure
- 1 graphic organizer with scaffolded questions about diction and language
- 1 written response suggested prompts page
- 1 written poetry response sample with guiding questions for "The Road Not Taken"
- 1 written poetry response suggested contents by paragraph tip sheet
- 1 blank template for students to write their own written response for poetry
- Suggested responses for all of these organizers and the short essay that go with Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken"
- A teacher note with suggestions for use
- A link to a Google Slides version of the resource
These resources come in both color and black and white. Also, upon download, you will have both an editable PPT file, a link to a Google Slides version, and a secure PDF file. The documents are all editable in PPT, but the editable version uses plain fonts to protect the copyrights of font designers.
Students do not have to use all of the poetry graphic organizers at once. There are multiple options so that you can use the pieces that best fit your needs at any given point in a poetry or analysis unit. Spice up students' experience with poetry analysis and written responses by throwing some songs into the mix.
Each page in this resource is aligned with Common Core Reading Literature and Writing standards. The materials are intended for use with 7th through 12th grade students.
Depending on how many of the poetry analysis resources you use, this activity could take anywhere from ten minutes to a few days. The annotation graphic organizer requires creativity and thought, which lends itself to a longer time frame for completion than the other organizers.
NOTE: This resource is also included in a larger bundle, Reading Literature and Informational Texts Graphic Organizer Activity Bundle.
Loving this? You may enjoy these similar resources:
Find more reading activities here!
Stay in touch:
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
©Reading & Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.