Also included in
- Engage your students all year long with analysis sticky note units. You and your students will analyze literature, rhetoric and nonfiction, and poetry.This bundle includes:Literary Analysis with Sticky Notes: Activities, Writing, and PowerPointRhetorical Analysis Unit with Sticky Notes: Activities,$47.99$68.00Save $20.01
- Make poetry fun! Engage your students with a fun and hands-on poetry unit with this bundled resource of my favorite poetry lessons. This bundle includes:2 editable PowerPoint presentationsPoetry organizers and assignmentsVocabularyPoetry Mini Flip BookRECENTLY ADDED: Poetry Analysis Task Cards$23.50$32.23Save $8.73
- Digital and Print Poetry Analysis Teaching Unit! Increase student engagement and understanding with this digital and print poetry analysis unit. This unit includes a multi-day, editable PowerPoint and Google Slides presentation filled with direct instruction and step-by-step poetry analysis, a sampl$16.99$30.00Save $13.01
Increase student engagement and understanding with this poetry analysis unit. This unit includes a multi-day, editable PowerPoint presentation filled with direct instruction and step-by-step poetry analysis, a sample poem to analyze with your students, and materials and writing assignments to use with any poem!
Your students will love these interactive and hands-on close reading organizers and scaffolded writing responses. Students will enjoy using sticky notes in class as they analyze complex speeches and nonfiction texts.
This sticky note poetry analysis unit is a great way to help students learn to thoroughly analyze text.
This lesson includes:
- an editable, 46-slide PowerPoint for teaching poetry analysis (walks students through the SWIFT analysis process)
- 14 poetry analysis organizers
- 6 writing prompts with outlines
- 2 grading rubrics
- teacher instructions
- a poetry terms quiz
- a multi-day lesson plan
- four included speeches
The PowerPoint includes these teachable slides:
Word choice and tone
*This unit was designed to be used in a high school classroom. Also, since the direct instruction PowerPoint is editable and there are a variety of organizers, this unit is also suitable to use in the middle school classroom with minimal modification.
This unit includes almost all of the resources you will need for a complete poetry analysis unit. You will need to choose and provide additional text you read in class to make your own unit come to life. With a little prep work and all of the materials in this unit, you will teach the best poetry analysis unit ever!
This resource is bundled!
The included PDF pages are secured and not editable.