Poetry Analysis Unit with Sticky Notes: Activities, Writing, and PowerPoint
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Engage your students all year long with analysis sticky note units. You and your students will analyze literature, rhetoric and nonfiction, and poetry.This bundle includes:Literary Analysis with Sticky Notes: Activities, Writing, and PowerPointRhetorical Analysis Unit with Sticky Notes: Activities,Price $47.99Original Price $68.00Save $20.01
- Make poetry fun! Engage your students with a fun and hands-on poetry unit with this bundled resource of my favorite poetry lessons. This bundle includes:2 editable PowerPoint presentationsPoetry organizers and assignmentsVocabularyPoetry Mini Flip BookRECENTLY ADDED: Poetry Analysis Task CardsPrice $24.00Original Price $33.98Save $9.98
- Digital and Print Poetry Analysis Teaching Unit! Increase student engagement and understanding with this digital and print poetry analysis unit. This unit includes a multi-day, editable PowerPoint and Google Slides presentation filled with direct instruction and step-by-step poetry analysis, a samplPrice $16.99Original Price $30.00Save $13.01
Increase student engagement and understanding with this poetry analysis unit. This unit includes a multi-day, editable PowerPoint presentation filled with direct instruction and step-by-step poetry analysis, a sample poem to analyze with your students, and materials and writing assignments to use with any poem!
Your students will love these interactive and hands-on close reading organizers and scaffolded writing responses. Students will enjoy using sticky notes in class as they analyze complex speeches and nonfiction texts.
This sticky note poetry analysis unit is a great way to help students learn to thoroughly analyze text.
This lesson includes:
- an editable, 46-slide PowerPoint for teaching poetry analysis (walks students through the SWIFT analysis process)
- 14 poetry analysis organizers
- 6 writing prompts with outlines
- 2 grading rubrics
- teacher instructions
- a poetry terms quiz
- a multi-day lesson plan
The PowerPoint includes these teachable slides:
- Word choice and tone
- Figurative language
*This unit was designed to be used in a high school classroom. However, since the direct instruction PowerPoint is editable and there are a variety of organizers, this unit is also suitable to use in the middle school classroom with minimal modification.
This unit includes almost all of the resources you will need for a complete poetry analysis unit. There are a few poems included, and you will need to choose and provide additional poems you read in class to make your own unit come to life. With a little prep work and all of the materials in this unit, you will teach the best poetry analysis unit ever!
This resource is bundled!
Sticky Note Analysis Bundle: Literary, Rhetoric, Poetry
The included PDF pages are secured and not editable.