Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.42 MB | 43 pages
Common Core activities (close reading, justifying explanation, and text dependent / evidence based answers) for classic and contemporary poems are contained in this Poetry bundle. All poetry activities sold separately at The House of Roush store, but save big time money by purchasing the bundle!
* Ode packet- Includes two odes and corresponding common core close reading activities. Asks students to analyze literary devices, word choice and the poem's overall structure. Also includes directions for an Illustrated Ode activity. Answer key now included!
* Free Verse packet- Includes five free verse poems and corresponding common core close reading activities. Asks students to analyze tone, literary devices, mood, and the poem's overall structure. Also includes a comparison activity for two of the poems. Complete answer key now included!
* "Sonnet 18" activity- This is my best selling item! Asks students to close read the poem to analyze vocabulary, basic meaning, and literary devices. Complete answer key now included!
* BioPoem activity- student directions and teacher sample
* "The Road Ahead" activity
* Poem analysis activity-- basic assessment tool that will allow you to pre-assess student understanding of poetry; key included
* Poetry Types and Activity-- students are introduced to eight poem types (quatrain, cinquain, free verse, concrete haiku, limerick, ode and sonnet) through explanation and example, and then are asked to write their own of each type.
* Poetry Meaning and Structure worksheet-- can be used with ANY kind of poem
Created by The House of Roush to review poetic elements and poetry types with intermediate students.