Also included in
- This bundle includes seven of my best selling literary lenses activities and accompanying lens decor at 15% discount from buying them separately. In this bundle, you will receiveFirst Day of School StationsLiterary Lenses WorkbookMeeting of the Masterminds: Literature CirclesThe Critical Reader's Co$49.30$57.99Save $8.69
This Poetry Café Stations activity is a versatile resource for teaching any poem! Not only will it introduce your students to important literary perspectives, but it also will engage your students in valuable poetic analysis. Now, this activity includes an interactive digital stations option too! Best of all, the content on the slides is editable! This means you can edit the poetry tasks to meet the needs of your students.*
These stations take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
*Please note the background images and titles are not editable. Only the specific student tasks are editable.
INFORMATION ABOUT EACH TASK:
Task 1 is a formal lens of analysis focusing on literary and poetic devices.
Task 2 is a reader response free write that encourages students to make connections to the poem and discuss their connections.
Task 3 uses a biographical lens for students to explore the author of the poem and make connection between the author and the speaker. Students will need one device to research the author’s life.
Task 4 introduces an additional research task in which students will contextualize the poem in terms of historical and literary movements.
Task 5 uses a psychological lens to examine speaker, mood, and tone.
Task 6 encourages students to use a new lens to analyze the poem. Four lenses are provided: cultural, gender, social, and archetypal. Students may use any lens that is relevant to the poem.
- Print Stations/Task Cards
- Digital interactive poetry café stations with built in café music
- Editable tasks PowerPoint version for printing
- Editable tasks digital option
- Detailed teacher notes and directions
- Google Form for tasks
**Check out the preview!**