POETRY FOR EVERY MONTH:
Poetry Centers is packed with Original Poetry for every month of the school year. Aligned with the Common Core Standards for 1st-3rd grade students, Poetry Centers will make a great addition to your Interactive Poetry Notebooks and features hands-on Poetry Center activities to practice these Literacy and ELA Skills:
• 11 Original Poems-ready to be cut out and glued into an Interactive Poetry Notebook!
• Fluency Strategies-read each poem as a whole group, then again to increase fluency
• Reading Comprehension (short answer & multiple choice) Great for Interactive Notebooks!
• Discussion Questions to encourage students to draw conclusions about Poetry
• Sentence Writing Practice
• Rhyming Word Puzzles and Cut and Paste Poetry activities
• Imagery activities using information from poems
• Sequencing activities-first, second, next, then, last
• Opinion Writing and Critical Thinking activities
• Poetry Writing
Lesson 1: Making Friends Poem; Friendship Jigsaw Puzzle Poetry Activity
Lesson 2: Red Apple Poem; Red Apple Cut and Paste Rhyming Activity
Lesson 3: Fall Poem; Fall Imagery and Tic Tac Toe Game
Lesson 4: Gingerbread Poem; Gingerbread Beginning Sounds/Consonant Blend Game
Lesson 5: Snowmen at School; Snowball Imagery and Rhyming Words Cut and Paste
Lesson 6: Five Little Penguins; Penguin Sequencing and Rhyming Grid Puzzle
Lesson 7: My Dog Poem; Good Pet Opinion Writing and Critical Thinking
Lesson 8: I'm a Frog!; Life Cycle of a Frog Sequencing and Frog Life Cycle Game
Lesson 9: Little Ladybug Poem; Write your own Ladybug Poem
Lesson 10: The City Poem; My Visit to the City Imagery Activity
Lesson 11: Ready for School Poem; Sequencing Activity: Ready,Set,Go!
Students will also enjoy making and playing THREE FULL COLOR Poetry Centers Games (great for Literacy Centers-all game materials included!)
We've included color versions of the Poetry Center poems and games for your White Board, black and white versions of the Poems and Poetry Center activities for your students to make their own Interactive Poetry Notebooks, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Poetry Center Writing activities.
Download the Poetry Centers Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Common Core alignment, and sample Poetry Center activities.
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING POETRY CENTERS EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2011-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.