Be sure that you have an application to open
this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
1 MB|32 pages
Going paperless? This notebook is packed with poems for students to analyze and interpret. Not paperless? There's a printable version, too! Within the notebook, students will have the opportunity to:
- Read and reread chosen poems
- Focus on different skills for different reads (close reading)
- Learn about the use of figurative language, line breaks, repetition, and more components of poetry
- Write their own poetry based on poetry read
- Write open-ended responses with text evidence based on poetry
- Analyze poetry they are reading independently
This was on of my favorite units to teach my 6th graders and it's also great for test prep!
Also, it's totally editable! Plus, this is a good **2 weeks worth** of material!
**INCLUDED: Directions for how to use this notebook digitally. Not digital? Don't fret! You can easily print this! You would just have to edit some slides a bit before doing so! Just go to "file", "print"!**