Make poetry fun with this engaging and challenging poetry escape room activity that can be facilitated traditionally, digitally (aka NO prep), or with a blended hybrid approach. During this escape room, students will label the elements/rhyme scheme of a poem, identify examples of poetic devices, closely read, and analyze poems from various authors.
This sequential escape room was designed with scaffolding in mind. It takes students through 5 challenges, which start simple and gradually progress to more cognitively complex tasks.
There are three different options:
Complete materials and detailed instructions for ALL methods are included.
Please be aware that both the traditional and blended escape room require some prep (reading the instructions, printing the tasks, cutting matching cards, and hiding the tasks around the room). If you don’t have prep time, the fully digital option is your best option.
SUMMARY OF CHALLENGES:
1. Anatomy of a Poem: Students will label the elements of a poem.
2. Rhyme Scheme Scramble: Students will label the rhyme scheme of different poems.
3. Poetic Devices Cards: Students will match up excerpts from poems to the correct poetic devices.
4. Multiple-Choice Analysis Questions: Students will read a poem and answer multiple-choice analysis questions.
5. Short Answer Analysis of a Poem: Students will read a poem and compose a response analyzing the message and the poet's use of poetic devices.
This 30-page PDF product contains absolutely EVERYTHING you need:
-Teacher Guide & FAQ
-Teacher To-Do List
-Ideas for Setting the Mood & Transforming Your Room
-Paper Versions of Code Recording Sheet & Clues
-Instructions on Hiding the Tasks
-Explanation of Tasks
-Signs, Props, and Decorations
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com! :)