This is a flipchart for Activinspirte. This poem includes different activities to do throughout the week. Here is I like to use the poem in my classroom:
1. Monday: Introduce the poem, read the poem, and explain the poem. Then echo read with the class.
2. Tuesday: Read the poem as a class and find the rhyming pairs. Clicking on the word will make a line appear underneath.
3. Wednesday: Students read the poem and then figure out the missing words. I also work on the "Thinking Map" with the class.
4. Thursday: Read the poem, find the power words, and answer the questions (using the text for support).
5. Friday: Print and cut out the poem for students to put in their poetry folders. Students read the poem, circle the power words, illustrate the poem, and finally label their picture.
There are also two links to free online videos about walruses (both are short). One video is about a walrus mom and her baby and the other is a video about the sounds walruses can make.