This is a flipchart for ActivInspire about Penguins (a poem). This poem includes different activities to do throughout the week. Here is I like to use the poem in my classroom:
1. Monday: Introduce the poem, read the poem, and explain the poem. Then echo read with the class.
2. Tuesday: Read the poem as a class and find the rhyming pairs. Clicking on the word will make a line appear underneath.
3. Wednesday: Students read the poem and then figure out the missing words. Then fill out the penguin thinking map together.
4. Thursday: Read the poem and find the power words. You can also answer the questions using “evidence” from the poem.
5. Friday: Print and cut out the poem for students to put in their poetry folders. Students read the poem, circle the power words, illustrate the poem, and finally label their picture.
There are also links to free online videos and games you can play.