Poetry: It's More Than Stanzas and Rhymes--A Collection of Reading Minilessons
Also included in
- Engage your readers all year long with active strategies to help build understanding and comprehension of text. This reading minilesson plan will take you and your readers through...launching reader's workshopmonitoring comprehensiontracking and analyzing charactersdeveloping inferential understandPrice $158.00Original Price $197.50Save $39.50
The intention of this unit of study is to investigate poetry beyond the stanza and rhyme scheme structures. Lessons provided will help students dig deeper into the meaning for comprehension of this genre. Poetry can be interpreted in a variety of ways depending on the context of the reading, the experiences of the reader and the time in which it is read. Many times, the interpretation of a poem changes over several readings. Therefore, my intention is to provide several lessons that will investigate how poets craft poems and how readers unlock meaning and interpret the poetry.
Suggested String of Minilessons:
• The Structure of Poetry (stanzas, rhyme schemes)
• My Poetry Reading Stance
• Sound devices (alliteration, rhythm, onomatopoeia, rhyme)
• Figurative language: Noticing confusing parts
• Symbolism: Noticing confusing parts
• Imagery: Sensory Images to Envision
• Reading between the lines
• Poetry Synthesis: Changing your thinking
This product is also part of my Reading Workshop Curriculum Bundle.
As always, if you plan to share this product with other education professionals, additional licenses MUST be purchased for each individual using the product. Additional licenses are available for purchase on this product page.
Any feedback you give regarding this product will be greatly appreciated.
Please click the green star to follow me and to never miss when new products are added to my store.
Please visit my literacy blog at www.LiteracyTreasures.com for tips, tricks and strategies to use within your literacy instruction.
You can also find me at…
Website Literacy Treasures
Facebook Literacy Treasures