Also included in
- Learning stations for secondary English classes: Save over 30% when you purchase this bundle of my best-selling learning stations. To date there are 30 stations in the bundle, ones that you can use to focus your students on learning skills for reading, writing, and speaking. In all of them students$118.00$160.87Save $42.87
- Students find analyzing difficult, there's no question about that. This bundle of lessons and activities will take the mystery away as they learn a process-based approach to understanding author purpose and technique.You Might Also Like:Writing the Literary EssayEmbedding QuotationsCritical Thinking$14.99$19.50Save $4.51
Analyzing poetry can be an intimidating task for students, often because they get overwhelmed by all of the poetic devices they need to interpret. They don't always realize that it's a process that requires several steps and lots of thought, rather than an instant understanding.
UPDATE MARCH 2021: There is now an option to do these all online. You get both the classroom and online version with this purchase.
These learning stations are designed to take students through the process that is necessary to analyze a poem. They help them realize that there are steps that must be followed so they can discover the poet's purpose or message.
In this file you will find station titles, task cards, and task sheets, as well as editable cards so you can add tasks or modify the questions. (NOTE: poems are NOT included)
Save 25%: This product is available in my Learning Stations Mega Bundle.
Would you like to know how I use stations in my own secondary classroom? Click here and follow the links.
YOU MIGHT LIKE:
More Learning Stations:
- Descriptive Writing Stations
- Back to School Stations
- Novel Study Learning Stations
- Vocabulary Learning Stations
- Writer's Workshop Learning Stations
- Essay Revision Learning Stations
- Grammar Learning Stations Bundle
- Narrative Writing Stations
- Independent Reading Learning Stations
- Discovering Theme Learning Stations
- Halloween Creative Writing Learning Stations
GET REGULAR TIPS AND IDEAS from ROOM 213: