This is a great grammar lesson, visualization activity, and a wonderful poetry lesson.
1) Introduce students to Down by the Bay the Song
2) Discuss the rhymes and patterns you see in the poem.
3) Practice singing the song a few times as a class.
4) Copy page 2 for each member of your class.Review each page as a class and complete 2 lines from page 2 as a class.
5) Allow the students to try it on their own.
6) Next, review the directions for the last page with the class. You can copy page and omit the directions to give the students a blank version.
7) Students should complete a final draft.
8) At the very end, have students line up to show their picture and sing each verse!